Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (#233): Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: January 16, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

The action-packed tale of a 17-year-old warrior princess and a handsome gladiator who dared take on the Roman Republic--and gave rise to the legend of Spartacus....

Roma Victor. The Republic of Rome is on a relentless march to build an empire--an empire built on the backs of the conquered, brought back to Rome as slaves.

Attia was once destined to rule as the queen and swordmaiden of Thrace, the greatest warrior kingdom the world had seen since Sparta. Now she is a slave, given to Xanthus, the Champion of Rome, as a sign of his master's favor. Enslaved as a child, Xanthus is the preeminent gladiator of his generation.

Against all odds, Attia and Xanthus form a tentative bond. A bond that will spark a rebellion. A rebellion that threatens to bring the Roman Republic to its end--and gives rise to the legend of Spartacus...



This book was new to me until a few weeks ago and I have no idea how I lived without this book in my life! It sounds fantastic, and definitely something I would read! I can't wait. It sounds like it would go well with The Valiant by Lesley Livingston, a book that I loved. :D

35 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh my goodness, this sounds amazing! Definitely something I'll be adding to my TBR!

    Awesome pick, Alyssa!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't know there will be a book like that! Added on my TBR-2018 list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome, I have to take a look at this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice!! Definitely going to keep an eye on this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This book sounds amazing. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this, but wow, the cover is different and definitely grabs your attention! January seems so far away but I'm sure it will be here soon. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um what?! How did I not know of this book? :o 2018 really will have the best books ever. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me too. Warrior princess and a gladiator will make this book have many exciting moments as well as sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't read of this one until now, but it sounds so good! I hope you love it when you get a chance to read it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cover and title. I love when a book surprises me and I wonder how I missed it before. Happy reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently discovered this one and it sounds fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read of this one before! The cover looks good! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait! What? I didn't know about this book! I don't understand how could I miss it, it sounds absolutely fantastic! OMG, thank you! I'm adding it to Goodreads now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I'm all for stories with warrior princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been seeing this book around more recently, and it sounds great :) I hope you enjoy it! Fabulous pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first that I have seen this book but it sounds great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds really exciting! I definitely don't read a lot of books about warrior princess. I'll have to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm looking forward to this one too! Sounds good!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  19. You read my mind! When I was reading the synopsis I couldn't help but think of The Valiant as well! Here's hoping we both love it Alyssa! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Here is my WoW for the week.

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one does sound pretty good. Hoping that you love it.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great choice this week. Just added it to my TBR :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, this sounds amazing! I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The synopsis sounds really awesome,quite interestind,added to my wishlist :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I read The Valiant too and was interested in learning about that time period and culture. This ones sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I havent seen this one yet, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your WoW picks are always so good, Alyssa! I hadn't heard a peep about this book before reading your post, but clearly I need it because, hello: warrior princess. Heck yes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is awesome I hadn't heard of it but I do love Spartacus so this sounds awesome. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG this book sounds so amazing! So interesting! I'm adding it to my TBR right now and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow this sounds so awesome!! And I love the cover as well. But warrior princess??!! I already love it :D
    Thanks for visiting my WOW, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohh, awesome pick Alyssa :D This one do sound pretty awesome. And I do like that cover :D Hope you'll love it lots and lots. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!