Thursday, June 22, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#230): Returned by Kimberley Griffiths Little


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Returned by Kimberley Griffiths Little!


He bent down to bring his lips to mine, and my eyes burned with unshed tears at his gentleness. I closed my eyes, dreaming of the first time he kissed me at the hearth fire of my father's tent. The scent of wood smoke circling the stars. His rich exotic cloak enveloping me, melding me to him as though we had become one person, one heart. 

- Finished copy, page 235


Forbidden review | Banished review


Sometimes I'm terrible at keeping up with post-published books - I'm now getting around to reading this one! It's even more action-packed than the previous books. It was a little difficult to find a swoony scene without spoiling anything, but I love this one, especially for Jayden's reminiscing. I can't believe this series is over!

6 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about fitting in the post-release books. I still need to read the whole series.

    Glad its a good one, Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene pick!! I haven't heard of this one I will need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to read the first book of this once but I couldn't get through it at the time. I do like that excerpt though. Very swoon-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this series (where have I been?!) but I love the excerpt you included, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eee, lovely swoon. <3 Thank you for sharing Alyssa :D Gah. I still haven't read book one.. but I do have that one. Just don't have the rest of them ;) Hope you loved this final one lots. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swoons A lovely swoon moment Alyssa. Thank you so much for the awesome post my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!