Thursday, June 1, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#227): The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May!


"Tell me you're real."

"I'm real," I whisper. "I'm still here. I can ask you more questions, if you'd like."

"Later," he says.

Then Kiaran's lips are on mine. Hard. Desperate. Like he can't get enough of me; like I'm going to disappear. As if at any moment, he's going to wake up from this dream and I'll be gone.

Kiaran kisses me like he's about to lose me all over again.

He isn't gentle. There's no softness, no hesitancy, no delicate touches. And I don't want kind. I don't want gentle. My desire is just as fierce, just as demanding. I grasp the back of his shirt, digging in toughly with my fingernails. More. I want more. I need this. I need him. I pull back only briefly to yank off my shirt, the rest of my clothes, his. Then it's Kiaran's skin against mine and we're both burning, kissing, biting, clawing. It's a physical urgency, a devouring need, a benediction of yes, now, more.

- eARC, 33%




This conclusion novel was perfect! The romance was stunning, and one of my favorite YA romances of all time. May writes some really good swoons - I had my choice of lovely ones from this book! Kiaran and Aileana are a fantastic couple. =)

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I definitely need to pick this series up!!!!!!! One of your favourite YA romances??? Definitely reading this one soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book. Now I just need to make some time to read it. Great quote this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to cread the second book! You can bet I'm tackling this one as soon as I'm caught up though :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow! Okay, I need the first book ASAP so I can get to this hot scene!! My goodness *fans face*
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEE! Yesss. I very, very much love this swoon :D Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3 Ahh. I cannot wait to read this precious :) Been waiting so long..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I love how desperate they are for one another! I love that swoon, I think I need to get into this series!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!