Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens: August 23rd


Welcome to Week Thirty-Four of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.

Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of August 23rd!


The Questions:

1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?


The Authors:

Bridget Hodder, Author of The Rat Prince

1. The Prince of the Rats becomes Cinderella's coachman in a most magical, romantic, and unexpected adventure!

2. If you liked The Legend of Zelda; if you thrill (secretly or openly) at Disney movies; if you like reading the words "Happily Ever After"...you and your friends will find THE RAT PRINCE both delicious and nutritious. 

3. I have a couple of secret projects in the works-- one related to THE RAT PRINCE-- and the other one goes in a completely new direction!

Follow Bridget Hodder: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter


Lygia Day Peñaflor, Author of Unscripted Joss Byrd

1. A critically acclaimed child star struggles with her demanding mother, a disturbing script, and impending puberty. 

2. For fans of behind-the-scenes stories, Unscripted Joss Byrd is the Natalie Portman movie Anywhere But Here meets Brooke Shield’s memoir, There Was a Little Girl.

3. I’m working on a brand new twisty YA told through multiple POVs. 

Follow Lygia Day Peñaflor: Website | Goodreads | Twitter
Find Unscripted Joss Byrd: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository


The Books:

  

(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)


Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:

These two are the only ones!


The Giveaway:

- Finished copy of Enter Title Here
- The Last Cherry Blossom bookmarks
- Signed hardcover copy of The Rat Prince
- Signed hardcover copy of Unscripted Joss Byrd
- Girl in Pieces swag

8 comments:

  1. I have been looking forward to reading Unscripted Joss Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Unscripted all over bookstagram, so I'm curious about that one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH! I hadn't heard of The Rat Prince, but *runs off to Goodreads to add to TBR*

    Thanks so much for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY THE RAT PRINCE IS OUT! I've been waiting MONTHS for its release--can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the Rat Prince

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unscripted Joss Byrd.. Love the whole collage theme of the cover

    -Ishita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for lovely looking books :D The Rat Prince looks so cute. Not sure if I really wish to read it, lol, but cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta be honest, The Rat Prince isn't a book I'd normally read. HOWEVER.....after seeing this interview and knowing that it's about this little obscure character from a beloved tale -- I think it sounds great!
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!